Terms and conditions
PLEDGE (Charity Place Entry)
In recognition of my receipt of a guaranteed charity place and the associated benefits attached to that place, I hereby agree to the following:
- Participants must be fit enough to cover the distance of the race. By signing the pledge form you are confirming that to the best of your knowledge, your general state of health is good and that you take full responsibility for yourself.
- Runners participate at their own risk and agree to indemnify the Mental Health Foundation, or its employees against claims for loss or damage to personal property, personal injury (or death), and any claim arising from the entrant’s own actions.
- Participants are responsible for their own training, transport and accommodation.
- Participants must seek and obtain permission from the Mental Health Foundation to use the name and logo, especially for any use other than obtaining direct personal sponsorship from individuals for the event.
- Participants will not knowingly bring the name or logo of the Mental Health Foundation into disrepute.
- Entries will only be accepted upon receipt of a completed MHF application form and registration fee.
- Participants undertake the race to raise the minimum as outlined above in aid of the Mental Health Foundation, which, together with any additional monies raised, should be paid to the Mental Health Foundation two months after race day. This minimum does not include Gift aid.
- 50% of the minimum sponsorship should be remitted to the Mental Health Foundation prior to the race date.
- Participants give full permission for any images taken on the event day by the Mental Health Foundation or sent to the Mental Health Foundation post event, and any personal information to be used on our media applications, which reasonably promote or advertise the Mental Health Foundation’s aims. (This may include our printed publications; adverts; audiovisual and electronic materials; media work; display materials; and any other media we may use in the future.) The images will not be used for any other purpose.
- Participants must inform the Mental Health Foundation if they have any reason to believe they will not be able to meet their minimum sponsorship target.
- All payments must be in the form of a cheque or postal order made payable to ‘The Mental Health Foundation’. The Mental Health Foundation also accepts payments from personal sponsorship pages through www.virginmoneygiving.com.
- The Mental Health Foundation will provide advice on fundraising wherever possible.
- Participants must inform the Mental Health Foundation as soon as possible at any time up to the race if there is a risk they can’t participate due to ill health or other reasons.
- In the event that participants are unable to participate in the race, the registration fee is non-refundable.
I confirm that I have read and accept the terms and conditions as stated above. I understand that the place granted to me remains the property of the Mental Health Foundation. I pledge to raise the minimum sponsorship and understand that it is an endeavour of this challenge to raise as much above the minimum amount as possible in aid of the Mental Health Foundation.