Prevention and mental health paper
Understanding the evidence so that we can address the greatest health challenge of our times. A resource for policymakers, health professionals, mental health advocates and their families and friends.
This report covers:
- An immense challenge: we look at the scale of mental health problems in society
- The causes of mental health problems: what shapes our mental health?
- One integrated model of mental health: one model that pulls together biological, psychological, social and environmental factors
- Our life events: how life changes or experience of trauma can affect our mental health
- One health: the relationship between our physical and mental health
- The meaning of prevention: how prevention applies to everyone
- What is holding us back?: how we must change as a society to put prevention front and centre