Ingredients for a great Tea & Talk
Here are our six key ingredients to make your Tea & Talk a success:
- Spread the icing – spread the word on your social media sites, workplace, add it to your email signature and create a fundraising page so even if people can’t attend your event, they can still donate. This year we have a special competition where bakers can submit pictures of their bakes online and a judge will offer prizes to the best ones!
- Make some dough – ask colleagues, friends and family to bake something and hold a bake sale at your local shopping centre, office place or community hall (but make sure to ask permission first)! Remember people who raise over £100 will be added to our prize draw and could win a year's supply of tea!
- Whisk taker – why not be a bit risky and incorporate a theme into your Tea & Talk? You could hold a fancy afternoon tea party or a Halloween-themed Tea & Talk – the list goes on!
- Bake the world a better place – Great British Bake Off is back on our televisions from August why not hold an office bake off to coincide with the bake of the week or you could make your own signature bakes instead!
- Hello, is it tea you’re looking for? – Use our activities on our resources page or play your own games like karaoke or cards. You could even do a competition where the winner of the game gets an extra slice of cake!
- All you knead is love – remember Tea & Talk is about having conversations with those around you, because talking is good for your mental health. If you feel comfortable doing so, you can talk about your own mental health experiences and break down the stigma.
Now mix it all together for the perfect Tea and Talk fundraiser!