Ingredients for a great Tea & Talk
Coronavirus outbreak. Across the UK some restrictions on meeting up with people outside of your household are continuing. It is important to keep up to date with government advice in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, as they have each taken different approaches: more details and up to date information here.
Here are our six key ingredients to make your Tea & Talk a success:
- Spread the icing – spread the word on your social media sites, workplace, add it to your email signature and create a fundraising page so even if people can’t attend your virtual event, they can still donate.
- Make some dough – ask colleagues, friends and family to bake something they have never baked before - we all love a challenge! Remember people who raise over £100 will be added to our prize draw and could win an amazing prize!
- Whisk taker – why not be a bit risky and incorporate a theme into your Tea & Talk? You could hold a fancy virtual afternoon tea party or a Halloween-themed Tea & Talk with household members – the list goes on!
- Bake the world a better place – Great British Bake Off is back on our televisions soon, so why not hold a virtual Microsoft Teams office bake off to coincide with the bake of the week or you could make your own signature bakes instead!
- Hello, is it tea you’re looking for? – Use our activities on our resources page or play your own games like virtual karaoke or cards. You could even do a competition where the winner of the game gets an extra slice of cake sent to their house!
- All you knead is love – remember Tea & Talk is about having conversations with those around you, because talking is good for your mental health. If you feel comfortable doing so, you can talk about your own mental health experiences and break down the stigma.
Now mix it all together for the perfect Tea and Talk fundraiser!