This guide is aimed at students aged 16+. The guide explores loneliness and the links to mental health and provides tips on how to look after your mental health when feeling lonely together with ideas of how to get involved and raise awareness in communities, at school, college or university.
- What is loneliness?
- Loneliness in students
- Impact on mental health
- Tackling loneliness
- Ways you can get involved
- Ways you can fundraise
- Conversation starters
MHF Young Leader
It's a bit poetic or ironic, but I hope people bonding over loneliness will bring people together
Support for Students
- Student Space – one-to-one support for whatever challenge you are facing, designed for students. Text STUDENT to 85258
- The Mix – a UK-based charity that provides free, confidential support for young people under 25. Young people can get support from the trained team, either by phone, webchat, or email
- Shout 85258 – a free, confidential, 24/7 text-messaging support service.
- Samaritans – a UK-based charity that provides support at any time, from any phone for free. Call free on 116 123 or email [email protected] .