National Assembly for Wales Election - Manifesto Analysis 2016
We have used a Mental Health in All Policies approach to explore how each of the manifestos might support our policy asks.
We analyse how each party’s agenda addresses mental health and wellbeing regarding: Communities, Children and Young People, Housing and Homelessness, Multi Morbidities and Work.
Our Policy asks
The Mental Health Foundation calls on the National Assembly for Wales to:
- Support future generations by promoting good mental health and wellbeing from an early age and providing training and support in schools, colleges and universities.
- Improve access to psychological therapies in Wales.
- Reduce inequalities faced by people with mental health problems and for groups that are at higher risk of developing mental health problems.
- Tackle stigma and discrimination, especially in the workplace and in the health service. Improve mental health funding and outcomes for people with mental health problems.
- Take cross-government action to improve mental health and wellbeing.