Research shows that helping others can be good for our mental health. It reduces stress, improves our emotional well-being and even benefits our physical health. Take action and carry out a random act of kindness for someone else.
If you do nothing else today, keep an eye out for an opportunity to help someone with a random act of kindness or...
Hold onto that warm feeling, when someone helps you.
Enjoy taking part in this campaign. Acts of kindness can be done all year round. It’s important to look out for each other in and around our communities. This is how we protect and maintain good mental health for all.
Doing something nice for someone doesn't cost a lot of time or money. It's the small things in life that can make a big difference.
50 random acts of kindness you can do today
- Spend time playing with your pet
- Sign up to do voluntary work in your local community
- Reach out to spend time with a friend, family member or neighbour who is experiencing loneliness
- Have a clear out and take items to a charity shop
- Make and send a care package to someone who needs it
- Make a donation to a charity
- Offer to pick up a friend or family member from work
- Make a cup of tea for your colleagues
- Get to know the new staff member
- Lend your ear - listen to your colleague who is having a bad day
- Say good morning
- Bake a cake for your colleagues
- Give praise to your colleague for something they’ve done well
- If it’s raining – lend someone your umbrella
- Take someone out for lunch instead of eating at your desk
- Give up your seat to an elderly, disabled or pregnant person
- Let someone jump the queue at the supermarket
- Take a minute to help someone who is lost
- Have a conversation with someone who is experiencing homelessness
- Help a mother carrying her push chair down the stairs or hold the door for her
- Let a fellow driver merge into your lane
- Pick up some rubbish lying around in the street
- Smile and say hello to people you may pass every day, but have never spoken to before
- Return a lost item to its owner
- Pop into a coffee shop and ask to pay for a coffee for them to give to someone later that day for free
Your mental health matters
For anyone experiencing mental health problems, we want you to know that we care and that you're not alone.
For anybody who passionately wants to create change - join our movement and let’s do this together.