Fundraising tips and getting your money to us
Fundraising tips and advice:
- Once you have decided what you would like to do, get in touch with our events team at: [email protected] to let them know your plans. The friendly team will be able to answer any questions you may have and provide you with advice.
- Set up your fundraising page and spread the word! We recommend using JustGiving or Virgin Money Giving to do this., or if you prefer you can set up a Facebook fundraiser.
- Share your story on your fundraising page to enourage donations - the more you personalise your page, the more likely people are to give.
- Put a fundraising target on your page so you have something to work towards. Once you have hit your target you can bump it up by another £50 or £100!
- Show people your progress. For example, if you are taking part in a virtual run, you can track it using a fitness tracking app (such as Strava) and share this on your fundraising page. If you are brave enough, you could even share a post-run selfie!
How to get your money to us:
- Any money you have raised through JustGiving, Virgin Money Giving or Facebook, will automatically come to us and you do not need to do anything.
- If you have raised money offline (cash) you can donate this to us via our website. Please give as much detail as possible about how you have raised this money so that we can send you an appropriate thank you letter.
- If you have a fundraising page, but someone has given you a cash donation, the easiest thing to do would be to deposit the money into your own bank account and donate it to us via your fundraising page.
- If you would prefer to send us a cheque, you can send this to us at: Mental Health Foundation, Colechurch House, 1 London Bridge Walk, London, SE1 2SX. Again, please let us know in a letter, what you have done to raise this money and please provide us with an address so we can send you a thank you!
If you have any more questions about fundraising or collecting donations, please get in touch with our events team: [email protected].