2. Making plans for the future in a person-centred way
Person-centred planning is a form of life planning. It involves gathering information about your relative and then using this information to solve problems and to create more opportunities.
It is usually families that have the most detailed knowledge about their relative; person-centred planning helps to make sure this does not get lost or ignored.
This section looks at:
- how to get started with person-centred planning
- why person-centred planning is different
- getting other people involved with person-centred planning
- how to make sure your relative is at the centre of the plan
- using person-centred planning to make changes.
The Thinking Ahead guide is also available to purchase as a printed copy, with a price of £12. To order your guide, please email us at [email protected].