Do your own thing
Creative fundraising - do it your way!
If you have your own vision of how to raise money for us and fancy mixing it up with a creative event, get-together or challenge, why not plan your own fundraising event? From cake sales to knitathons, music nights to a sponsored silence and everything in between, there are so many ways to do your own thing and raise money for everyone's mental health.
Not only will you be raising funds to help us continue our vital research and prevention work, you’ll also be bringing people together to talk about something we all share: mental health. The Events team will be here to help you from the moment you start planning, providing support, fundraising materials, as well as advice and top tips on how to make the most of your event.
Remember you can fundraise for us with an active challenge of your choice too. So if you want to take part in an event that’s not in our active challenges section, just let us know what you’re doing and we’ll get you on board. Also, if you’re a bit stuck on what to do, we’ve got plenty of ideas to get you started.
Get started today!
- Get in touch: Let us know more about your idea or chat to our events team about great ways to do your own thing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Set a date and register your event: We'll send out fundraising materials to help you get started!
- Find a location: Depending on your event, this could be at home, outside, or in a community space. You could also ask your workplace or local business if you can host your event in their location.
- Spread the word! Use social media, MHF fundraising posters and good old word of mouth to make sure as many people as possible hear about your event.
- Prepare: Make sure you have everything you need for the big day and, most importantly, have fun!
- Send in the money. Send us the donations you so kindly fundraised, ive yourself a big pat on the back for doing something amazing.