6. Housing and support
Planning for the time when your relative leaves the family home can be challenging.
Not only is it hugely emotional but it can also be difficult to get all the information you need to make a proper choice about what would work best. There is no 'one-size-fits-all' solution.
This section looks at:
- why it’s important to think about housing and support in advance
- ideas for getting started
- the funding responsibility of a local authority
- housing and support – how it works
- family investment, including inheriting the family home
- capacity to rent or own a property
- succession and tenancies
- tenancies and licences.
The Thinking Ahead guide is also available to purchase as a printed copy, with a price of £12. To order your guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.