Skip to main content
Gluten-free peanut butter chocolate brownies
- 75g unsalted butter
- 300g dark chocolate, at least 35% cocoa solids
- broken into pieces
- 100g smooth peanut butter
- 4 large eggs
- 50g granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 50g unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tbsp. brewed coffee (or water, if preferred)
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules (optional but recommended, to bring out the chocolate flavour)
- 75g dark or milk chocolate
- 50g smooth peanut butter
- Preheat your oven to 150c (fan)/ 170c/ Gas mark 4
- Line a 22inch square cake tin with foil and grease.
- Melt the chocolate in a large bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds, or over a bain-marie.
- Add the butter, peanut butter and brewed coffee or water and microwave for a further minute.
- Whisk the mixture until smooth. If necessary, heat in 10 second bursts until the mixture can be whisked smooth.
- Add the eggs, sugar and vanilla an whisk until smooth.
- Add the cocoa and instant coffee, and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin, and smooth top top with a spatula.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the edges are set. Check the cake is cooked by inserting a skewer or cocktail stick comes out clean
- Place cake tin on a rack and allow the brownies to cool completely; usually ~2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate for the topping in the microwave for 1 minute, followed by 10 second bursts, or using a bain-marie. Stir until smooth and drizzle over the brownies using a spoon.
- Melt the peanut butter for the topping in the microwave, for about 45 seconds. Drizzle over the brownies using a spoon.
- Refrigerate the brownies to set the topping before slicing and serving.