Skip to main content
Gluten-free lemon drizzle cake
- 200g unsalted butter
- 200g golden caster sugar
- 175g ground almonds
- 250g cold mashed potato
- Zest of 3 lemons
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 4 medium eggs
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat your oven to 160c (fan)/ 180c/ Gas mark 4
- Butter and line a deep 20-22cm diameter round cake tin.
- Beat the sugar and butter together in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the eggs, beating the mixture after each addition.
- Fold in the almonds, cold mashed potato, lemon zest and baking powder.
- Tip into the tin, and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until golden—check the cake is cooked by inserting a skewer or cocktail stick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then turn the cake out onto a wire rack.
- Mix the granulated sugar and the lemon juice together and spoon over the top of the cake, allowing the mixture to drip down the sides.
- Add lemon slices to the top, or another garnish of your choice.
- Wait for the cake to completely cool before slicing.