Erin's apple and cinnamon cake
Our Business Development Executive shares her favourite recipe for your Tea & Talk. "I love autumnal flavours, and the gooeyness from the apple makes this cake a guaranteed hit," says Erin.
For the cake
- 1 ½ Pink Lady apples, diced
- 2 medium eggs
- 120g coconut oil
- 200g brown sugar
- 125ml semi skimmed milk
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2tsp cinnamon
For the glaze
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 100g icing sugar
- 50g brown sugar
- 100g butter
- Crushed walnuts
- First, preheat your (fan) oven to 200c and grease a baking tin with butter. I prefer to use a loaf tin, but this part is completely up to you!
- Combine the coconut oil, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and milk together and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate mixing bowl, sift the self-raising flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- You’ll then slowly need to mix the wet ingredients with the dry, and once mixed you can begin to fold in the diced apples.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes in the oven. I would recommend covering the top of the tin with tin foil for the final 10/15 minutes to make sure the top doesn’t burn.
- While your cake is cooling, sift the icing sugar and mix with the cinnamon and brown sugar.
- After heating the butter in a pan, pour in the dry mixture and whisk. For a slightly creamier consistency, add a little bit of Philadelphia cream cheese.
- Decorate with crushed walnuts and enjoy!