Experience the UK’s highest free-fall abseil from the Olympic Park’s ArcelorMittal Orbit!
Join us this October by taking on our brand new challenge, the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park abseil and raise money to help us create a world where good mental health is a reality for all.
You control the speed of your descent, so enjoy the breath-taking skyline of London from one of the most unique locations in the city. You’ll take in some of the city's most iconic sites as you make your descent, including The Gherkin, St Paul's Cathedral, Canary Wharf, Wembley Stadium and Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
Join the ranks of our brave adventurers and dangle in free space, 80m above the ground, creating lasting memories with family, friends or colleagues all while raising vital funds and awareness for mental health.
It’s World Mental Health Day on 10 October, just a few days after the event, so join us to mark the occasion by taking on this incredible challenge. Your support is more important than ever to help us do vital research and develop solutions to improve prevention and treatment for the 1 in 6 people affected by mental health problems every week.
Please note that in order to take part in the abseil all participants must:
- Be over 14 years of age (parental consent and supervision required if under 18).
- Be over 1.2 metres in height.
- Be less than 19 stone (120kg) in weight.
- Be able to wear a harness which has a maximum width waist of 130 cm and a maximum upper thigh width of 75cm.
- Not be suffering from any medical condition that may put your health & safety, or that of others, at risk.
- Not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Not be pregnant.
- Sign a declaration before abseiling.
Join our team?
The Mental Health Foundation strives to ensure you receive the best supportive care possible. From the moment you sign up to the day of the event and beyond, the Events Team will be there to offer you personalised support to ensure that you enjoy the whole process of fundraising for charity and can raise as much money as possible to support the vital work that we do!
Sign up and receive a welcome pack with various resources and a Mental Health Foundation t-shirt.