Thai prawn & pea pilaf
Waitrose has kindly sent us a Thai prawn & pea pilaf recipe. It's distinctive Thai flavours are sure to make this a hit!
Serves 4 | prepare 15 mins | cook 20 mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 250g basmati rice
- 600ml vegetable stock, warmed
- 50g pot Blue Dragon Thai Green Curry Paste
- 100g frozen peas
- 200g pack Waitrose
- Trimmed Sugar Snap Peas, sliced lengthways
- 2 x 150g packs essential Waitrose Raw King Prawns
- 28g pack fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and add the onion. Fry for 3 minutes then add the basmati rice and toss with the onion.
- Stir in the stock and curry paste, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, place the lid back on and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Stir in the peas, sugar snap peas and prawns, cover the pan and cook for a further 6-8 minutes on a low heat until the prawns are cooked through.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork and stir through the coriander. Serve immediately with lime wedges.
This works great with leftover cooked roast chicken. Stir through for the last 2-3 minutes until piping hot.
1792kJ/424kcals/9.1g fat/4.6g saturated fat/63.4g carbohydrate/7.7g sugars/3.7g fibre/22.2g protein/2.7g salt per serving