Harry's chicken chaat
A tasty dish from which our fundraising iniative takes its name, with the recipe from our Fundraising Intern, Harry.
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 3 tsp garlic and ginger paste
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 3 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 medium chicken breasts (cut into strips)
- 2 or 3 medium tomatoes (diced)
- 65g tinned chickpeas (drained)
- ½ cucumber (peeled and diced)
- Fresh coriander (optional)
- Lime juice
- Fry shallot in a good amount of oil on a medium heat until soft and translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger paste, dry spices and a pinch of salt. Mix into shallots. This should form a sticky, slightly powdery mixture.
- Add chicken and fry for 5-10 minutes until cooked through. Let the spice mixture coat the chicken.
- Add a little water and mix into a sauce. Be sure not to make it too thin – it should coat the chicken nicely.
- Add the tomato and cook for a few minutes, letting the juices add to your curry sauce.
- Add the chickpeas and cucumber and heat through for about a minute.
- Serve with rice and garnish with fresh coriander (if you like it) and a drizzle of lime juice.