A Pakistani home-recipe for a great chicken curry.
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- Garlic & ginger paste (1 tbsp)
- Chilli powder (½ tsp)
- Turmeric powder (¾ tsp)
- Ground coriander (½ tsp)
- Cumin powder (½ tsp)
- Tomato purée (1 tbsp)
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes (chopped)
- 500g chicken (boneless, cubed)
- Natural yoghurt (2 tbsp)
- 1 green chilli (optional)
- Fresh coriander leaf
- Salt (to taste, 1 tsp recommended)
- Fry onions in a little oil until golden brown.
- Add garlic and ginger paste, fry for a few seconds.
- Add all powdered spices, fry for a few seconds.
- Add the chicken and fry until it goes white.
- Add the tomatoes, purée and yoghurt, and also the green chilli (whole) if you want a hotter curry. Cook until the oil separates (3-4 minutes).
- Add ¾ cup (175ml) of water, simmer for around 20 minutes until reduced.
- Remove chilli (if added) and garnish with coriander leaf to serve.
Recipe courtesy of Zahra Qureshi.