Join us for a once in a lifetime 10 day trek up the world's highest free standing mountain! Mount Kilimanjaro is the highest mountain on the African continent at 5896m, and this breathtaking trek will guide you up to the tranquil Machame route where you will trek through the deep forest, home to spectacular wildlife, stretching up to Moorland and onwards towards glaciers before reaching Uhuru Peak.
Flights, all internal travel, accommodation, back up equipment, all meals (except where specified), water, refreshments, guides, a doctor and medical support are all included. You will stay in tents during the trek and hotels before and after.
The registration fee covers administration costs, while half of the minimum sponsorship goes to the trip organiser Discover Adventure with everything thereafter coming directly to the Mental Health Foundation.
- DAY 1: Fly from London to Kilimanjaro International Airport.
- DAY 2: Arrive at Moshi. Here you will be able to admire the views of Kibo, the crater at the summit, and the youngest of Kilimanjaro's three volcanic cones. You will spend your night at the hotel before beginning the next part of the adventure!
- DAY 3: Machame gate to Machame camp. You will embark on the Machame route, this section of the trek taking you through the magnificent, dense rainforest. After a days trekking you'll pitch your tent at Machame camp.
- DAY 4: Machame camp- Shira Cave. Here you will ascend through forest on to the Shira Plateau camp, where you will be able to see Mt Meru rising high above the Arusha town.
- DAY 5: Shira Caves-Barranco Hut. Here you will be walking on high moorland, passing underneath the Lava Tower and Western Breach (acclimatisation time), and camp will be set up at Barranco Hut.
- DAY 6: Barranco Hut- Barafu Camp. Trek the Great Barranco ravine, passing under the Heim and Kersten glaciers, and towards Karanga Valley.
- DAY 7: Barafu Camp- Summit- Millenium Camp. Here you will begin this trek whilst it's dark. As you ascend towards the summit glaciers, sunrise will break at Stella Point before final push to Uhuru peak. Descending back to Barafu for breakfast, then you will pitch up your tent for the night at Millenium Camp.
- DAY 8: Millenium Camp-Mweka Gate- Moshi. A gentle trek back down to rain forest and Mweka for park formalities and the reward of a certificate!
- DAY 9: Time to explore Moshi, transfer to airport for flight home.
- DAY 10: Arrive back in the UK.
To discuss the fantastic Kilimanjaro Trek in detail, please contact our Events Team on 020 7803 1123 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or see our frequently asked questions below.
How fit do I need to be?
You don't need to be an athlete to conquer Kilimanjaro; however you will need to complete a good amount of training to make the most of this fantastic opportunity. We will provide you with a comprehensive training guide to help get you.
How much do I have to raise?
£4,500, and this must be paid in 10 weeks prior to trip departure. The sponsorship level may vary depending on the dates of your trek.
Will I be able to raise the sponsorship level?
Yes! Even if you are new to this kind of fundraising, with planning and determination you will find that you are reaching your target in no time. It is recommended that you start your fundraising as soon as possible and in addition our overseas managers are full of new and exciting fundraising ideas should you need to seek inspiration.
What deposit do I have to pay?
What is the food like?
Fantastic! Being a tropical country fresh fruit and vegetables are plentiful and are often used in traditional dishes such as stews and rice dishes. Vegetarians can be catered for.
What do I need to bring?
You won't need any specialist kit, however you will need a pair of worn in walking boots and a good sleeping bag. A comprehensive kit list will be supplied upon registration.
Will you carry my luggage whilst I'm trekking?
A team of porters will carry your main luggage along the route. You will just need to carry the essentials in a day pack such as fleece, waterproofs, sun cream and of course your camera.
How many people can take part?
The maximum group size for this trip is 30 people.
What type of accommodation will I be staying in?
Hotels either side of the trek, and tents during the trek.
What's included in the cost?
Flights, all internal travel, accommodation, back up equipment, all meals (except where specified), water, refreshments, guides, a doctor and medical support are all included.
Is there an age restriction?
You will need to be over 18 but there is no upper age limit. If you are over 65 will just need to get a medical form signed by your doctor.
What about insurance?
You must have travel insurance cover in order to participate in this challenge. You can either arrange this yourself (as long as your insurance company is aware of the nature of what you are doing and that it is a charity event) or we can help you arrange this.
What dates are available?
Dates available in 2019:
26th December 2018 - 4th January 2019
22nd February - 3rd March 2019
23 August - 1 September 2019
20 September - 29 September 2019
26 December 2019 - 4 January 2020
To discuss the Kilimanjaro Trek in detail, please contact our Events Team on 020 7803 1123 or email us at email@example.com or see our frequently asked questions below.