Big Fun Run
Walk, jog or run at your local 5k Big Fun Run this year! The Big Fun Run is a series of 5k untimed runs, staged within scenic settings throughout the UK from July to October – all you need to do is find the closest to you:
- Glasgow: Saturday 27th July 2019
- Edinburgh: Sunday 28th July 2019
- Liverpool: Saturday 29th June 2019
- Manchester: Sunday 30th June 2019
- Leeds: Sunday 14th July 2019
- Gateshead: Saturday 3rd August 2019
- Middlesbrough: Sunday 4th August 2019
- Sheffield: Saturday 10th August 2019
- Nottingham: Saturday 13th July 2019
- Derby: Sunday 11th August 2019
- Birmingham: Saturday 24th August 2019
- Coventry: Sunday 25th August 2019
- Brighton: Saturday 17th August 2019
- Southampton: Sunday 18th August 2019
- Ipswich: Saturday 31st August 2019
- Milton Keynes: Sunday 1st September 2019
- Maidstone: Saturday 14th September 2019
- Dartford: Sunday 15th September 2019
- London (Crystal Palace Park): Saturday 19th October 2019
- London (Victoria Park): Sunday 20th October 2019
The Big Fun Run is strictly for FUN, where it is all about relaxed exercise. No times, no pressure, no sweat – just some easy moves and lots of laughs. The runs are suitable for all the family – and remember under 5s take part for free!
Come and be part of it, whatever your personal goals are – we would love you to join our team and ALL are welcome!
Sarah, one of our 2018 Big Fun Run runners, explains why the event was such an amazing experience for her:
"The run alone was such a big deal for me to go through with, due to my high levels of anxiety, but despite that I popped my headphones in and remembered why I was there. I had my family with me cheering me on too which helped. I also have had bipolar disorder since the age of 17, but with medication, therapies and support, it is getting increasingly better. But I just want people with any mental health problem to know that no matter what struggles they are going through, things can get better. I am proof of this, having reached rock bottom, then built everything back up again. The mind is powerful and endorphins are real! Something I struggle with is self-image, and I cannot express how proud I am of myself. I can't believe I went and I actually did it. What a memorable, enjoyable and proud day for me!"
If you have any questions about the Big Fun Run, you can contact our Events Team at [email protected] or on 020 7803 1123 (England) / 0141 572 0125 (Scotland).