Charity of the Year
Charity of the Year partnership brings enormous benefits to your workforce:
- Fundraising can really bring people together, and we have lots of ready made events your teams can take part in.
- We are keen to train mental health ambassadors in the workplace to enrich the skills of your staff and help in their development.
To find out more about how your company could work with the Mental Health Foundation, please contact the Corporate Fundraising Team on email@example.com or 020 7803 1146.
More than 13 million working days a year are lost because of work related stress, anxiety and depression and the cost to employers is over £28bn a year*. By partnering with the UK’s leading Mental Health Research charity we can provide you with a tailored programme to increase your employees' mental wellbeing.
*NICE figures from BBC News Report 2009
If your company already has a Charity of the Year we are still happy to discuss with you ways in which we can work together.
We can offer you:
- Mental Health Awareness Training
- Online Mindfulness Course (for stress reduction)
- Online Sleep Improvement Course
- Tailored Employee Wellbeing events programme
- A range of mental health publications from wellbeing to serious mental health problems
- Volunteering opportunities
In addition to all of these benefits a partnership with the Mental Health Foundation will:
- Fulfil your corporate social responsibility objectives
- Demonstrate your company values and commitment to employee wellbeing and mental health awareness
- Generate positive PR opportunities
As an individual you can make a difference:
We are very grateful to the staff of IPC Media for choosing us to be their Charity of the Year for 2010. We benefited in many ways from this partnership including being given free advertising space (worth over £50,000) in their magazines such as Marie Claire, Pick Me Up and Woman’s Weekly, allowing us to promote legacies and Tea and Talk and increasing awareness of the Foundation. The staff at IPC Media worked hard throughout the year on a programme of fundraising events including a cake sale, bingo evening, quiz night, wine tasting and karaoke evenings.
Karen Myers, Director of Corporate Communications, IPC Media says:
"IPC Media has been delighted to be associated with the Mental Health Foundation as our 2010 Charity of the Year. Not only was it great to be able to raise money, particularly in this difficult economic climate, through events and activities that our staff have really enjoyed, but we are also pleased to have been able to raise awareness of mental health issues through a number of our magazine and online brands."
As well as the positive brand image implications of working with a charity IPC Media has also benefited from being able to offer its employees our online Mindfulness stress reduction course at no cost to them.